It seems really the hot days of summer are finally here. YAY!
There is nothing better on a hot summer day than some nice ice cream, am I wrong?
Well, this so called ice cream was actually a mousse that was too liquid for my liking, so I placed in the freezer for some hours, and it turned into ice cream.
I used slightly more sugar than the recipe called for, and man it turned out sweet, hehe. 🙂 I also used double quantities because I had more strawberries and they would have not be eaten by anyone. 😦 I will give you the standard recipe that apparently is supposed to leave you with 4 servings. I think I had more than 8 servings, but I can’t be sure because I forgot to count them.
- 500 grams strawberries (I had 1 kg)
- 200 grams sugar (I used 500 grams instead of 400 g)
- 2 egg whites (I used 4)
- pinch of salt (not really needed)
- mousse the egg whites until hard peaks form. Make sure to use a large enough bowl.
- mix the sugar and the strawberries in a food processor, like the blender. (I don’t have one, so I had to chop the fruits by hand). If you choose to use the salt pinch, drop it in the blender before starting it up.
- slowly pour the fruit mix over the egg whites mousse. Mix slowly until everything is well blended. You must get a pink mousse at the end.
- pour in glasses like I did, or some other smaller bowls of choice and place in the freezer if you want ice cream.
You can even consume on the spot, I did that too. It is best to chill in the fridge for some time before consuming to make it refreshing. The glass in my pictures stayed in the freezer overnight. The lower part is just frozen syrup in this picture.
Can’t wait to make this again~~~