Happy new year everyone!
This is the first post for 2015, and I hope this will be a better year for everyone. 🙂
I think I prepared this sometime in December actually, but only now I remembered I had pictures for the dish. This recipe is so easy, even a child could do it. I’m not sure if this is a main dish or not, but it definitely has to be eaten along something else like fries, salad, some type of meat even, maybe even rice. You can have this dish either for lunch or dinner.
I don’t really like this dish, and currently eggplants [or aubergines] are out of season. I found these ones on sale, so I bought them. I know somebody who likes fried eggplant, so I had them coming over for dinner.
- some eggplants [I had 4 of them, on the smaller side]
- 2 eggs
- some salt
- some all purpose flour [I used, maybe 1 tablespoon]
- some water
- some oil for frying
- beat the eggs, add the salt, water and flour, and mix well. This batter has to be rather thin and on the liquid side.
- wash, peel, and slice the eggplants. The slices must not be thicker than any of your fingers.
- run each eggplant slice through the batter and then place it in the heated frying pan.
- fry the slices till they become golden-brown, and the fork pierces them through to the bottom of the pan, with no difficulty.
You can squish some lemon juice over the fried slices or add some more salt, according to your preferences.
I don’t know what else to say, so I hope you can try this out and I hope you like it more than me.